The most important thing to remember about this question is that you cannot outsmart Google. Don’t even try. If you get caught, it’ll make it nearly impossible to get your website to the top of the search results. Google doesn’t forget.
But, follow these rules and you’ll have the best chance at getting to the top of the search results.
The Do’s and Don’ts of getting on the first page of a Google Search.
- Write original valuable content. Write a lot of original valuable content. Write about your business, and write about the subjects that your customers would want to read about.
- Use popular keywords in your content but only when it makes sense. You can use Google to find the most popular searches and take your keywords from there.
- Update regularly. Google will notice when you make updates or do website maintenance and they’ll reward you for it. You should make sure that your site is loading quickly and properly. It’s also important to make sure that your site is mobile friendly.
- Tag and caption your images with relevant descriptions. They will be invisible to customers, but they’re very important to Google.
- Along the same lines, using relevant headers in your site will help you to gain credibility to Google.
- Make your content easy to share! Get all of the social media that you can handle and use it! People will link to you and share your content. Those backlinks, especially if they’re from credible businesses in your field, will help your Google rankings.
- Make sure your site is easy to use. It’s also important that it’s easy for your customers (and Google) to read. The clearer the content, the higher ranking you’ll get on a Google search.
- Create a business profile on Google. It’s free, and it’s an easy way help your ranking.
- Don’t spam.
- Don’t have a lot of links from non-credible sources. Google chooses quality over quantity every time.
- Don’t duplicate your content over multiple pages on your site.
- Don’t have broken links. Check your links and HTML regularly.
- Don’t overload your text with keywords just to get a higher percentage of keywords.
- Contact us here to find out more ways that we can help you get to the top of the search results!